ONE MOMS CRAZY RIDE!!

We are at the end of our first year, in this strange new land where water falls from the sky! Here is a bit of our story...

Followers

Monday, June 23, 2008

Have you seen my camera?

I am going nuts here without my camera!! I can't find it anywhere..Mom and Nick have come and gone..(I did get lots of pictures on my blackberry, but can't take the time to get them off of there) What have we been doing the last month? Anybody seen the weather? Well...it seems that most of the bad weather goes right above us, or right below..until the day we decide to take Grandma and Pappa to Dubuque to the museum. A storm hit here that condemned two homes, slide trees and muck down onto the road to get to our house, and filled a lot of basements with water. Our property was safe and sound, thanks to God...watching over our place. We then set out to Minnesota for a wedding..had a great time, came back...no one had gotten their hay done yet, with all the rain..(it should have been done june 1) so we bustled and hustled to get someone to do that. OH did I tell you we woke up one morning with no water? Yup, a hole in the well pipe, 400 ft down...fixed the same day though...
all while the folks were visiting. I am sure they had a blast, but I am sure they were ready to get home too. LOL
The campground closed the day after my folks got here, and opened the day after they left, so both of us got to be home for the visit the entire 2 weeks. Just let someone try and tell me there is no God...
I also found a litter of kittens in the Hostas while checking on the horses in the storms...anyone for a yellow and white tabby? Gosh they are sooooooooooo cute...
now, where is that camera....

2 comments:

DEANNA said...

OMG I HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHERE IN THE HECK YOU HAVE BEEN. I THOUGHT MAYBE YOU GOT HIT BY THE STORMS...AND MAYBE YOUR HOUSE WAS NOW WASHED INTO THE GULF OF MEXICO.

DANG GIRL. YOU ARE BUSY BUSY BUSY TOO!

GIVE YOUR DOLLS A HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY FROM ALL OF US.

WE WILL BE RINGSIDE AT THE CIRCUS ON SATURDAY!

LOVE YOU

Unknown said...

kiss the elephants for us...
love you too...