ONE MOMS CRAZY RIDE!!

We are at the end of our first year, in this strange new land where water falls from the sky! Here is a bit of our story...

Followers

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Die, Blue, Die!!!!

So, those of you who have known me for some time, know I have been plagued by powder blue for oh, some twenty-five years...
The first apartment I had with Morgan, on 68th St. by circle K, had a powder blue counter, toilet and bathtub. It didn't bother me too much then, as I was happy to have a roof over my head, and the bathroom was big..
then zip forward 19 years, and Larrys house had powder blue kitchen counters, and we FINALLY put marble in there...and promptly moved.
STINK!!!!
To a house I love, but not only are the counters powder blue in the kitchen..but the walls, and the carpet ......

Larry is working on the BIG walls, while I tackle the kitchen. My little sister wrinkled her nose up...and wondered why i wanted to paint my house barn red. Its not barn red....exactly
I really do have a vision here..honestly...
find before photos here...

Although her furniture is lovely here, white and blue just aren't my thing, particularly when thats the color of the outside..for many months. As you can see too, looking at the photos, she didn't use two of the doors in the living room..
and its my goal to have a very kid friendly, farm friendly..oh heck..just friendly house.
Comments definatly welcome..no worries I am strong enough to withstand criticism too..
I miss my friends...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

DEANNA said...

OH BABY GIRL YOU GO! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! DID I MENTION I LOVE IT? I CAN ALREADY SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING AND IT IS GOING TO BE AMAZING... YOUR HOUSE IS STARTING TO TURN INTO MINE... DOES EVERYONE THINK YOU HAVE ADULT ONSET ADD? THEY DO HERE WITH ME. EVERY SINGLE ROOM IN MY HOUSE HAS AN UNFINISHED PROJECT GOING ON IN IT. AND I LOVE IT. KEEPS THE MIND BUSY AND THE PAINS IN THE BROKEN BODY PARTS AT BAY.. LARRY PROBABLY IS LAUGHING AT THAT HANGING FROM THE LADDER! KEEP THE PICS COMING. ONE OF THESE DAYS WE'RE COMING TO VISIT!!!! LOVE IT.... OH YEAH AND 10 YEARS AGO WHEN I PAINTED MY FAMILY ROOM WALL RED... BEFORE RED WAS COOL... MY PARENTS SAID, "WHY WOULD YOU PAINT YOUR WALL SUCH AND ANGRY COLOR?" NOW IT IS SOOO COOL TO DO RED AND I AM SOO DONE WITH IT. FUNNY! YOURS IS BEAUTIFUL. KINDA A BURNT RED IN THE PICTURE. NOT FIRE ENGINE RIGHT? LOOKS AWESOME AND WARM AND FUN! LOVE YA!

Unknown said...

Nope, its not fire engine. Its called Mesa red, oddly enough. Its the same color I used in the bedroom, but I fauxed it with a color called twine, and at first I was worried, but it looks great too. Your bed looks awesome in there, and fits perfectly. Like it was made for it..I am using the same three colors throughout the house, but trading around what I am using for trim, and walls,...stuff like that. It will take awhile for it to be done, but I am sure It will look amazing. Maybe i will put pics of my office up, that is done, and looks terrific!!
We have tons of room for you to visit..comon out. I am going to start posting things about the area up, so everyone knows whats out here when they come and visit. No use wasting a beautiful vacation spot..eh?

DEANNA said...

HEY.. YOU ABOUT DONE WITH THAT WALL THERE SPARKY? I NEED MY FIX OF PICS!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Love that wall color. Blue sends chills down my spine...but the earth colors really warm me up...which is great during the winter time!